Are you a grade 10-12 student who is interested in Exploring Possible Industry and Careers? If so, come and check out over 100 different occupations in Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM, and the Trades at the 2020 EPIC DAY on February 12th, 2020.
For more information or to secure a spot, please see our Career Practitioner, Amanda. You can also go to www.careersteps.ca/epic for details.
Read on for more:
EPIC is a large scale event that features a variety of career pathways from 4 distinct sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) and Trades. Up to 600 high school students have the opportunity to explore a wide range of career pathways in a meaningful and impactful manner. The interactive nature of EPIC allows students to connect directly with professionals and get a glimpse of what it might be like to work in that specific field. Exhibitors have the opportunity to showcase their business and meet future prospects.
Students can expect:
- To be registered in one of four sectors – Environment & Agriculture, Health, STEM or Trades.
- To meet hosts working in that specific industry during the morning – students can start their own network of contacts.
- To participate in interactive displays – rather than just talking to hosts, students will experience a small part of the job and gain a greater insight into what the occupation involves.
- To learn what it takes to work in that specific industry, including the highlights/low-lights of the job.
- after lunch, to have an opportunity to explore the other three sectors or return to hosts they might have missed in their sector earlier in the day.