Please read on for some current updates and info that you might need in the future:
PLEASE USE THIS CHECKLIST DAILY PRIOR TO ENTERING THE SCHOOL
As per the Government of Alberta announcement, school will be in session for in-person classes starting Monday, January 10th.
- The remainder of Semester 1 will run from January 10th to January 21st, and we will follow our regular daily timetable.
- Students and staff are asked to use the NEW CHECKLIST for safety, on a daily basis, BEFORE coming to school. Checklist can be found here. STUDENT CHECKLIST Jan 10 2022
- Final Assessment Week will run from January 24th-28th. There will be no classes during this week but please check in with your teacher for your final assessment dates and timelines.
- The delivery of government issued masks and testing kits have not yet arrived so we ask that each student come to school on Monday with a mask to use for the day. It is our hope that the deliveries will arrive between the 10th and the 14th, and we will be ready for a short turnaround time for distribution. Again, if you DO NOT want us to supply your child with one or both of these issued items, please email Cayley.King@lethsd.ab.ca directly and we will re-distribute your share to others.
- The new Re-Entry Guide requires students and staff to mask at all times in schools, except when eating or are on a mask break as directed by staff. We appreciate the efforts of students and staff to comply with this safety measure.
- In an effort to enhance safety practices, we have added further sanitization stations throughout the school for use by all who enter the building.
- Should your student need to miss school classes due to illness, we ask that you please indicate "illness" in the reason that you share with us in excusing the absence. Because there will no longer be a process for Provincial tracking of positive cases, it is essential that we are able to use our general data on school illness to determine if and when some students or classes should be shifted to temporary alternative learning formats.
- When information unfolds from the Province, we will share it out via School Messenger in emails, and will also post updates to our school website.
- If you have questions that require a response separate from the mass mailouts, please don’t hesitate to contact your teacher (email or teams), or email VPHS@lethsd.ab.ca, or to call the office directly at 403-327-3945
We appreciate the efforts that you are making to return to us in a safe and healthy manner – please know that we are working hard on our end, to do the very same. If you are in need of any assistance in the weeks to come, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Stay warm and well,
Cayley King, Principal
Victoria Park High School and Lethbridge Alternative Schools and Programs