If your child, or you as a student, are ill, please call 811 for guidance and direction.
Welcome back to school! We are excited to begin the 2022 year and look forward to welcoming our students. While we realize that this is a challenging time for everyone, we will endeavour to make decisions with the safety and needs of our students, staff and families at the forefront. As we work through this re-entry process, we ask that you are flexible and adaptable to what works for our VPHS community.
Overall, the VPHS Re-Entry Plan ensures the transition back to school is smooth, and that operations take place in the safest way possible. It is essential families and students understand and adhere to the guidelines, so the risk of transmission remains low, and students continue learning in a safe classroom setting. Through a combined effort, everyone within VPHS is safer, healthier, and better prepared for success as the pandemic continues.
- Take the STUDENT CHECKLIST Jan 10 2022 daily prior to entering the school
- Every student, staff, and visitor will complete the daily before entering VPHS.
- No one is permitted inside VPHS if they have symptoms unrelated to a pre-existing condition
- Hand sanitizer provided by VPHS, in multiple locations (exits and entrances to building and classrooms).
- Implement physical distancing, class groupings, and the use of personal protective equipment
- Regular and ongoing cleaning and disinfecting throughout the school and high-touch areas
- Use of masks—applicable to all staff, students, and visitors.
- Learning Commons
- This space will be open for student support and academic work. Students are required to sign in and out, following the LC protocols that are in place.
- Water Fountains
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school; water fountains will be in use and cleaned frequently.