Distributed Learning (DL) Courses
DL Courses During the School Year
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Call VPHS to schedule an appointment with an administrator. Pick-up or download the registration package. Complete the forms and bring them along with your school fees,* birth certificate, statement of marks, and current report card. *Fees must be paid in full with cash or cheque at time of registration. REGISTRATION FOR DL IS ONGOING THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR.
CAN I TAKE MORE THAN ONE CLASS?
DL courses are typically assigned one course at a time. Upon completion, a new course can be started. However, an appropriate course load and schedule will be developed at the intake meeting, given unique and individual circumstances.
WHAT IS THE METHOD OF INSTRUCTION?
Full courses can be offered through Distributed Learning materials, with one-on-one teacher support as needed. Schedules for module work and assignments are developed at course registration. Exams can be taken anytime in the Learning Commons and don't need an appointment. All marking is done on-site, with timely feedback.
WHAT COURSES CAN I TAKE?
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2
- Social 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2
- Math 10-C, 10-3, 20-1, 20-2, 20-3, 30-3 (no Diploma)
- Science 10, 14, 24
- Biology 20
- Chemistry 20
- Forensic Science 25, 35
- Phys. Ed. 10, 20
- CALM (3 credits)
- Reading 15 (3 credits)
- Learning Strategies 15 (3 credits)
- Aboriginal Studies 10, 20 (3 credits)
- Abnormal Psychology 35 (3 credits)
- General Psychology 20 (3 credits)
- Experimental Psychology 30 (3 credits)
- World Geography 30 (3credits)
- HCS 3000 (1 credit)
- HSS 1010 (1 credit)
- CTR 1010 (1 credit)